News and Promotional Writing
- Write blog content for AU Department of Art, and Department of Math & Computer Science. (September 2013 through April 2014).
- Wrote content for AU Math Department newsletter. (Please note I did not do the layout for this newsletter.)
- Wrote newsletter content and news releases for church congregations, Salsbury-Schweyer, Inc, The Clinch Powell Resource Conservation and Development Council, the Ohio Department of Agriculture, The Ohio State Extension Section of Communications and Technology, and The Ohio Florists’ Association.
- Wrote articles for Dow Chemical’s online news service, including a series explaining the Dow-Corning breast implant litigation to Dow employees outside the U.S.
- Wrote script and helped direct two video projects for in-house use at Dow Chemical (showed on closed circuit television throughout Midland, Michigan facilities).
- Served on the National FFA Convention Newsroom Staff, composing and editing stories for daily news tabloid distributed during the three-day convention in Kansas City.
Website and Social Media Management
- Ashland Poetry Press Twitter posts
- Ashland University MFA in Creative Writing program Twitter posts
- Ashland Poetry Press Facebook posts
- MFA program Facebook posts
- Update website content for River Teeth, Ashland Poetry Press, and the Ashland University MFA in Creative Writing program, and previously for the AU Art Department, AU Math & Computer Science Department, and the three churches with whom I’ve been employed.
- For the Ashland University Art Department website, I enhanced their home page by creating and adding a “Featured Art Work” element to showcase student artwork, a Department News blog, and an “In the Gallery” feature to add interest and better immediate exposure of programs and events. Screenshot.
- Created a blogsite for the Art Department and posted material. All blog posts for 2013 and all 2014 posts through the end of April are my work. Wrote Math Department blogs for September – December 2013 and January – May 2014.
- Created website for Trinity Lutheran Church of Jeromesville
- Created website for the GRIP afterschool program
- Publish monthly electronic newsletter for MFA program (recently became less frequent), created monthly e-newsletter for Zion Lutheran Church, and Holy Trinity Lutheran Church. Occasional e-newsletters for River Teeth, Ashland Poetry Press, and Salsbury Schweyer, Inc.
Print Newsletters and Other Desktop Publishing
- Lay out for printed program directory for the MFA Summer Residency program book. (Photography and cover design is not mine.)
- Create page layout for River Teeth journal issues and an Ashland Poetry Press publication.
- Created printed newsletters for Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Trinity Lutheran Church, Salsbury-Schweyer, Inc, and The Clinch Powell Resource Conservation and Development Council.
- Created a variety of fliers, brochures, signs, advertisements and other printed products.
- AgriNaturalist student magazine staff at Ohio State. Served as graphics editor and managing editor.
- Comfortable making announcements, presentations, or giving instructions or introductions in front of groups.
- Able to give information and instructions to others. Supervised student interns at Ashland University and Ohio State, supervised volunteer assistants at churches.
- Able to summarize information, provide feedback and input, communicate new ideas, and listen thoughtfully to others during meetings.
- Presented research findings at the International Conference of the American Society for Horticultural Science and at the Ohio State University Nursery and Landscaping Short Course.
- Past Ohio State University Forensics Team member.
- Past winner of the State FFA Prepared Public Speaking Contest.